Is this really a Tilley? Yes, it is! Our ruched crown is feminine and right on trend. Not only does this Hat look great, it is made with our extremely durable, lightweight breathable nylon. The broad brim design provides maximum sun protection.
- Guaranteed for life not to wear out
- Insured against loss
- Excellent sun protection, rated UPF 50+
- Repels rain, floats
- Ties on in the wind
- Secret pocket
- Hand washable, won't shrink
- 4-page Owner's Manual
- Mesh lining
- Medium brim
Brim size: Front and Sides: 3" Back: 2 ¾" Weighs 3 ounces
- Made from 93% breathable nylon and 7% Spandex.
- The fabric of all Tilley Hats have been certified to block 98 percent of harmful UVA/UVB radiation and deliver an ultraviolet factor (UPF) of 50+, the maximum rating given.
- You still need SPF 30 sunscreen and sunglasses with UV filters! Children especially need the UV filters in their sunglasses as non-filtering glasses will increase the size of their pupils, allowing even more of the damaging UV rays to enter. This often causes cataracts and retinal problems later in life and has happened in my (Alex Tilley's) own family.
- We hand-sew each Hat using very strong thread; all seams are lock-stitched so they won't unravel. The brass is from Britain and is the best there is. All Hats are made with such care and dedication that one is as good as another. Your Tilley will be equal to that presented to a President or princess. ("Hi, Duke! How long have you had your Tilley?" could be an effective opener.)
Wash it frequently or non-removable sweat stains will mar it and possibly rot it. Hand wash in cool water. Do not use bleach as it remains inside the Hat, slowly rotting it. Smooth and reshape the Hat by hand and set it out to air dry.