Airline News | Costa Concordia Compensation
Date: Jan 29, 2012 - download
American airline companies, delta airlines, westjet, el dorado resort by karisma in mexico, Costa concordia cruise tragedy, currency related issues
Note: Adobe Flash is required to play this show. Or download this show to your computer to listen at your desktop.
Check out January's Travel Guy Blog Posts
- Check out our new and improved travel reviews page! It has easy navigation for anyone looking for information on cruises, resorts and tours
Travel and Airline News
Bankruptcy is in the Air
- Doing well financially
- Airliners either doing very bad or very good!
- 1.2 Billion in Net Revenue for 2011
- Co-Chair agreement with Delta Airlines
- Building strong relationships with American counterparts
- Seeing continuous growth from year to year
- Record sales numbers for 2011
Hilary and the Family visit Mexico!
- Stayed at the El Dorado resort by Karisma
- Very family oriented resort
- Beach barbeques at lunch
- Entertainment for the kids! - ball pit, lego room, day care for infants, arts and crafts
Costa Concordia Cruise Tragedy
- $14,500 US given to customers for compensation
- Reimbursement of all travel expenses
- Reimbursement of all medical expenses
- Reimbursement of all cruise purchases
What does this mean for cruising?
- Cruising is still safer than a land based vacation
- No change in the cruising trend for 2012
- More than 20 million people expected to cruise this year!
- Ron's Advice: take the lifeboat drill, it's your responsibility, just like safety instructions on a plane
- American money is still good despite what others may say
- Take pesos because merchant exchange rate is not good
- Have a mix - Credit card, pesos, american money
- Make sure you don't use Canadian money, other countries view it as monopoly money
- Even though mexican law says no american money, all merchants accept it still
- For more info on currency related issues check out the Travel Guy blog!
Files were recorded to be used with Windows Media Player. If you are having problems playing the file or do not have the most recent version of the player, you can download it here.
Shop at Journeys
Eagle Creek Tarmac 20 inch ES3 Exploration System
This is the right wheeled upright for you if you’re looking for a carry-on that meets most domestic and international standards. The wide body means this bag is shaped for maximum packing space.