Destination Weddings | Pre-Travel Health | Hand in Hand with Haiti
Date: Feb 12, 2012 - download
Cruises and Cruise Trends, Destination Weddings, Hand in Hand with Haiti, Pre-Travel Health, Dr. Pierre Plourde
Note: Adobe Flash is required to play this show. Or download this show to your computer to listen at your desktop.
Planning a Destination Wedding?
- There's a lot you need to know and be prepared for when planning a destination wedding
- Join us on March 7, 2012 @ 7:00 PM for a seminar
- It's located at the Norwood Hotel, 112 Marion Street, Winnipeg, MB
- Call 942-5000 to register
- Mandatory emergency drills before departure
- Policy has been mandated by the cruise industry after the Costa Concordia disaster
Youth Want to Cruise!
- Worried about the majority of clientele being older
- Different mix of clients emerging
- The industry is seeing many more 30-40 year olds taking cruise vacations
- Ron and Rae are hosting next January
- 15 Day Cruise from Valparaiso, Chile to Buenos Aires, Argentina
- All Inclusive
- Gratuities, Alcohol, Food all included!
- Great value and you won't be "nickel and dimed"
- Click here to get more information
Guest: Dr. Pierre Plourde
- Hand in Hand with Haiti
- Pre-Travel Health
Hand in Hand with Haiti
- 20+ years of visiting and providing health services to Haiti
What do they do?
- visit suburbs of Port Au Prince
- run a teaching clinic for domestic doctors and nurses
- maintain children's health
- while their not in Haiti they fundraise for the mission
Do people involved get paid?
- Every participant is a volunteer
- Nurses sacrifice vacation days and take unpaid leaves of absence
- Everyone pays their way (airfare)
How can you support?
- Go to the Hand in Hand with Haiti website
- To make a donation to the cause click here
- You can choose to donate to the construction project or education and nutrition
- Don't forget about the annual RUN 2012 sponsored by Running Room that happens in October!
- Click here to visit Journey's Travel Health Clinic
- Dr. Pierre Plourde is the current Medical director of the Journey's Travel Health Clinic
- Journey's has qualified nurses that have certificates in Travel Health
Why should we think about pre-travel health?
- Different immunizations are required for every season
- Ensure your safety where ever you are going
- Some vaccines are good for life! so you don't have to constantly immunize
Doesn't the government cover travel immunizations?
- No, it is not insured under the government because it isn't considered a threat to the general public
Files were recorded to be used with Windows Media Player. If you are having problems playing the file or do not have the most recent version of the player, you can download it here.
Shop at Journeys